We know the cost of PSYL can make the program inaccessible to many people.
The following are some ideas and resources that can support you in thinking of creative and innovative ways to access funding that can help you get to PSYL.
A service club or service organization is a voluntary non-profit organization where members meet regularly to perform charitable works either by direct hands-on efforts or by raising money for other organizations. Some provide scholarships for youth to attend programs that build their skills, such as PSYL! Remember to ask your club or organization for scholarships and other funding opportunities!
Usually youth who receive support to attend programs will need to share the skills they learn with their community or the organization when they return home.
Examples of organizations to approach:
- a local chapter of Rotary Club
- a local chapter of Lion's Club.
- Other local organizations in your community that work with youth, community-building, leadership, and/or global leadership
Reach out to organizations in your area, and have a conversation with them about why you're excited to attend PSYL, what skills you hope to bring back to the community, and what types of support they might be able to provide. If an organization isn't able to support you, thank them for their time and ask if they have other suggestions on how you might be able to find funding.
There are many ways to Earn Funds.
- Paid Employment
- Odd Jobs
Some ideas include:
- A Bake Sale
- Book Swap: sell your books for donations or create an event and charge a small entry fee
- Yard/Garage Sale
- Sell old clothes, appliances, etc.
- Odd Jobs for Pay: mowing lawns, shoveling snow, etc.
- Movie Night for your community: selling tickets, food, etc.
- Performance: A musical show (busking, small concert (inviting local artists, friends, artists, etc. to participate in the show, etc.)
- Photography: taking photos for others (headshots, group shots, etc.)
- Teaching: Sharing a skill (Tutoring, photography lessons, coding, etc.)
- Complete a challenge for donations (walkathons, etc.)
- And many more possibilities!
Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the Internet.
* Different countries have different rules around this *
There are many websites you can use to collect donations to go towards your PSYL tuition.
The website depends on which country you are in.
Research what options are available where you live!